January 22 --
Congratulations to Mr. Craig Case for being selected as the Region 1 Middle School Principal of the Year! He is now eligible to be selected at the state level. Mr. Case, thank you for all that you do!.
State Wrestling Tickets
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING TICKETS FOR STATE WRESTLING, PLEASE GO TO THE BUSINESS OFFICE TO RESERVE YOUR SEATS WITH THE MONEY NEEDED TO COVER THOSE SEATS BY TUESDAY FEBRUARY 2nd, AFTERWHICH TIME THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
All Tournament Reserved Seat/Adult Ticket - $50
All Tournament Student General Admission - $28
Single Session Reserved Seat/Adult Ticket - $14
Single Session Student General Admission $8
Please read information below regarding SDHSAA State Wrestling Tickets. Please note the following information regarding this year’s combined tournament event:
- ALL SPECTATORS MUST WEAR MASKS! Failure to abide by this policy will result in removal from the facility for the duration of the championships.
- All adult tickets are sold as “Reserved Seats.” Due to Covid-19, anyone with a reserved seat ticket must sit in their assigned seat. Failure to abide by this policy will result in removal from the facility for the duration of the championships.
- Student “general admission” tickets are also available for sale and will allow students to sit in the designated student sections. If a student wishes to sit in any other section, they must purchase a full-priced, reserved-seat ticket.
- All rounds of wrestling for Class “A” will occur in the Ice Arena. All rounds of wrestling for Class “B” will occur in the Barnett Arena (main arena at the Civic Center). Tickets are specific to class – a separate ticket will need to be purchased for a spectator wishing to view both events.
- Absolutely NO REFUNDS for ANY REASON
The second snow day on January 15th will be made up on Monday, February 15th. Please make note of this on your family calendars. School will be IN SESSION February 15th. Thank you.
Through the Families First Coronavirus Responses Act (FFCRA), the USDA was just given additional funding to allow free meals through the end of the 2020-21 school year. Webster Area School District has been approved to continue to offer free meals for ALL students.
Introducing Sora to the MS/HS Library!
We now have audio and E-books available!
go to - Soraapp.com
click - find my school
enter zip code - 57274
click - Tie South Dakota Schools
Click select your school & scroll down to -
Webster Area School District
click - sign in
Use your email and password to connect!
Please see Mrs. Garry if you have any questions.
School Board Meeting
At a special meeting on Thursday, December 3, the Webster Area School Board approved changes to the 'return to school' policy for quarantined students. The first change now allows COVID-19 tests to be administered on day 5 or later. The earliest that a student may return to school remains at day 7 of quarantine. The second change decreases the duration of a quarantine to 10 days rather than 14 days. These changes are within the updated CDC guidelines. Any return to school requires the student to be symptom free. Please note that masks are highly recommended whenever social distancing is not possible. Thank you.
Overdue Library Books
2025 - Erin Sannes, Noah Voeller,
2026 - Cali Hall, Alivia Kuecker, Aline Williams
2027 - Sam Hernandez, Lynnea Hubsch, Johnathan Karenbauer, Chloe Mammenga, Olivia Resendiz-MacConnell, Bryn Sippel, Jack Snell
It's Everything Webster Area, In Your Pocket
Webster Area School District launched a new mobile app that helps students, parents, and community members know what is happening on campus, right from their phones. Watch the video on how it works. Webster Area School mobile app video
Message Regarding School Deliveries
The school is NOT accepting deliveries from flower shops currently, so please make other arrangements and do not request the businesses to deliver to the school.
The Day County Community Health Office is offering flu vaccines by appointment this year. Please have attached form filled out and a copy of your insurance card for each patient ready when you go for your appointment. Masks are also required in the courthouse as well as in the health office. Call 345-3882 to set up a time!