Date: October 27 --
4th Grade Girls Basketball
4th grade girls basketball will start Tuesday November 3rd in the elementary gym from 5-6 pm. We will practice Tuesdays and Thursdays for the month of November in the elementary. Please make sure the girls bring tennis shoes and a water bottle. Any questions please call Chris Spiering 880-2520, Becca Voss 380-9007 or Nicole Johnson 380-6967
Online Book Fair
Thank you to all who helped support the online book fair. It was a success as we were able to add 44 new books to the library!
A reminder that when school has a late start, no breakfast will be served.
Lunch Menu Change
Thursday, October 29 will be tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Picture Retake Days
If your child missed picture day AND retake day at school due to Covid or quarantine and you would like to get school pictures of your child, you can schedule a time at the Tailfeather Studio in Webster on Nov. 1, 2 or 3. The same packages and backgrounds will be offered as picture day and your child’s picture will be forwarded on to your school’s yearbook staff. Contact Stacey at 605-345-2550 to schedule a time and receive directions to the studio.
Don't Throw Away Money!
Box Tops and Our Family labels fall submissions are due by October 30. Please bring them in for the school to receive credit. Campbell's is no longer participating. Thank you!
Governor's Student Art Competition
Student Art Competition Information
It's Everything Webster Area, In Your Pocket
Webster Area School District launched a new mobile app that helps students, parents, and community members know what is happening on campus, right from their phones. Watch the video on how it works.
COVID-19 QUARANTINE POLICY(ADOPTED 09-23-2020)
1. Webster Area School District strongly encourages students identified as “close contacts” to follow the SD-DOH recommendation of a 14-Day quarantine.
2. The district will use social distancing, length of contact time, and use of masks in determining whether an individual is considered a potential “close contact.”
3. Students following the District recommendation of wearing a mask and identified as a potential “close contact” may remain in school under the following conditions:
· The student remains symptom free,
· The student must wear a mask at ALL times (with the exception of lunch),
· The student will be subject to daily temperature check(s).
4. Students NOT following the District recommendation of wearing a mask OR students identified as a “close contact” (as determined by paragraph 5) may return to school under the following conditions:
· If upon the 7th day of quarantine or later, a student does NOT exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19, the student may seek COVID-19 testing to determine if he/she is positive or negative.
· If the COVID-19 test result is positive, the student shall remain in quarantine per SD-DOH guidance.
· If the COVID-19 test result is negative, the student may return to school with the following conditions:
o The student remains symptom free,
o The students must wear mask at all times (with the exception of lunch)
o The student will be subject daily temperature check(s)
5. The SD-DOH determines who is considered a “close contact” and conducts out of school close contact investigations and recommends who should be quarantined. Out-of-school “close contacts” determined by the DOH are required to quarantine.
Message Regarding School Deliveries
The school is NOT accepting deliveries from flower shops currently, so please make other arrangements and do not request the businesses to deliver to the school.
The Day County Community Health Office is offering flu vaccines by appointment this year. Please have attached form filled out and a copy of your insurance card for each patient ready when you go for your appointment. Masks are also required in the courthouse as well as in the health office. Call 345-3882 to set up a time!
Reminder from Sheyenne Transportation
Parents should drop their children off on the north side of the Elementary, not where the buses unload. Thank you!
Webster Community Transit
New this year: In order to ride the community transit bus before and/or after school, a parental form is required to be filled out. Parent Authorization Form. For more information call 265-0372
Health Mart Children's Free Vitamin Program
Please see attached flyer regarding a free vitamin program through Cornwell Drug here in Webster. All you would need to do is fill out an enrollment form and return it to Cornwell Drug. If you have questions please contact Heather Gaikowski Webster Area School Nurse 345-4651, Heather.Gaikowski@k12.sd.us Forms can be picked up at Cornwell's.
People Against Child Hunger
Community Events & Resources
Stay up-to-date on events in the Webster area via the Chamber website at WebsterSD.com plus Facebook.com/WebsterSouthDakota and Twitter.com/WebsterSD. Find current job and housing opportunities in Day County under the Opportunities tab, or visit
Follow Us on Twitter
You can follow Webster Area School on Twitter - @WebsterArea18_5
For information regarding bus transportation, contact Kevin Duenwald at Sheyenne Transportation, 590-1038.
Due to federal regulations, pop is not allowed in the lunchroom during lunch hours.
Receive the Daily Announcements by Email
If you are interested in receiving the daily Webster Area Elementary Announcements by email, please log on to https://www.k12.sd.us/MailingL... and follow the instructions. If you have questions, please call the elementary office at 345-4651.