~ Tuesday, October 27th ~
- Robotics MARKETING department will meet in Lab 2 on Wednesday, October 28th.
- Sophomores - the rescheduled Equity Days presentation will be Friday, October 30th. Meet in the band room after you check into your homeroom. Masks Required.
- Key Club meeting is Wednesday, November 4th during homeroom in the elementary gym.
If your child missed picture day AND retake day at school due to COVID or quarantine and you would like to get school pictures of your child, you can schedule a time at the Tailfeather Studio in Webster on Nov. 1, 2 or 3. The same packages and backgrounds will be offered as picture day and your child’s picture will be forwarded on to your school’s yearbook staff. Contact Stacey at 605-345-2550 to schedule a time and receive directions to the studio.
Key Club Week is November 2nd - 6th. Check out the activities planned: Key Club Week
Menu for Thursday, October 29 - Lunch has been changed to tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Catch up with the latest student stories, sports schedules, and news updates. It’s everything Webster Area, in your pocket.
Parent After Prom Meeting - on Wednesday, November 4th there will be a Junior/Senior After Prom Party and Prom Banquet organizational meeting at 5:30PM at Pereboom Café.
The school is NOT accepting deliveries from flower shops at this time, so please make other arrangements and do not request the businesses to deliver to the school
The Day County Community Health Office is offering Flu vaccines by appointment this year. Please have the attached form filled out and a copy of your insurance card for each patient ready when you go for your appointment. Masks are also required in the courthouse as well as in the health office. Call 345-3882 to set up a time! Consent form
Library Overdue books/fines/computers:
2021 - None
2022 - Kolby Holman
2023 - None
2024 - Ella Hubsch, Nathan Kvernevig, Kylee Marx
2025 - Noah Voeller, Wyatt Kroll, Cassidy Nelson
2026 - Cali Hall, Kaden Kwasniewski
2027 - Johnathan Karenbauer
COVID-19 QUARANTINE POLICY (ADOPTED 09-23-2020)
- Webster Area School District strongly encourages students identified as “close contacts” to follow the SD-DOH recommendation of a 14-Day quarantine.
- The district will use social distancing, length of contact time, and use of masks in determining whether an individual is considered a potential “close contact.”
- Students following the District recommendation of wearing a mask and identified as a potential “close contact” may remain in school under the following conditions:
- The student remains symptom free,
- The student must wear a mask at ALL times (with the exception of lunch),
- The student will be subject to daily temperature check(s).
4. Students NOT following the District recommendation of wearing a mask OR students identified as a “close contact” (as determined by paragraph 5) may return to school under the following conditions:
- If upon the 7th day of quarantine or later, a student does NOT exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19, the student may seek COVID-19 testing to determine if he/she is positive or negative.
- If the COVID-19 test result is positive, the student shall remain in quarantine per SD-DOH guidance.
- If the COVID-19 test result is negative, the student may return to school with the following conditions:
a). The student remains symptom free,
b). The student must wear a mask at ALL times (with the exception of lunch),
c). The student will be subject to daily temperature check(s).
5. The SD-DOH determines who is considered a “close contact” and conducts out of school close contact investigations and recommends who should be quarantined. Out-of-school “close contacts” determined by the DOH are required to quarantine.